When I’m flying on an airplane or waiting for my nails to dry, I reach for trashy tabloids for comfort. I get a kick out of reading US Magazine’s “What’s In My Bag” and “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me,” as well as their “Fashion Police” section, and thought it would be fun to create my own list. Here’s my version of 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me, as seen in US Magazine. Due to the extremely cerebral nature of the material below, I am only providing you with 10. Information like this should only be doled out in small doses – if at all.
1. Spanx, good bras, and having my hair straightened were life changers for me.
2. I’m obsessed with pretty, sparkly, brightly colored post-its and notepads. I’m fairly certain there is a nine year old girl trapped inside my body, who is showing no signs of leaving.
3. I listen to 70s disco while I’m driving. There may be a little shoulder bobbing too. If “Dancing Queen” comes on the radio, I just pull over. It’s too hard to do those moves while driving.
4. I’ve been carrying a purse since I was three.
6. When I was younger I wanted to be a teacher, a lawyer, a writer, a camp counselor, and Donna Summer.
7. If you invite me to your Halloween party, you don’t need to tell me twice to come in costume. I live for this holiday. (Officer Naughty, Pirate’s Wench, Sassy Scrabble Board…you get my drift?)
8. The house could be burning down and I’d still stop to put on lipstick and cute shoes before running out the door. There could be firemen, just sayin’.
9. I no longer have children living under my roof, but that doesn’t mean I can’t hangout in carpool lane. That’s not weird, right?
10. When I was little I insisted on pushing my own market basket as I followed my mom around the grocery store – oh, the junk I would put in there – I still get such pleasure.
There, that’s it. I’ll give you a few minutes to let all that fabulousness sink in.
now you’re ready to move on.