Welcome, I’m so glad you’re here!
I’m Carpool Goddess: a coffee loving, cupcake eating, struggling to reform helicopter mom of a freshman in college and a senior in college (also known as Mini Me and College Boy). Despite giving me gray hair and making me crazy, my family is the light of my life. I spend way too much time online and should exercise more (you read the part about cupcakes, right?!). I also never leave the house without lipstick. Never. Ever.
I started my blog Nov. 2010 and I practically fainted when I hit “publish” for the first time. It’s getting easier now, I only break out in a cold sweat. My hubby is super supportive because writing makes me happy. Plus, it keeps me out of stores, which also makes him happy. My blog is about my parenting experiences and whatever else tickles my fancy. I hope it tickles yours too.
Seven Fun Facts About The Goddess:
1. I love cooking shows and reading cook books, but can’t cook to save my life. The mere mention of “chicken” causes my kids’ eyes to well up in tears. But I can bake insanely delicious cookies (chocolate chip are my best).
2. Mama’s a little cranky in the morning until I’ve had my coffee (I know, so hard to imagine!) and I’m well known by all the cheerful Starbucks baristas in my neighborhood. They call me by my “other” name, but I prefer Goddess.
3. If you want to know what’s near and dear to my heart please check out “Causes I Luv.”
4. Spanx and having my hair straightened were life changers for me.
5. I’m obsessed with pretty, sparkly, brightly colored post-its and notepads. I’m fairly certain there is a nine year old girl trapped inside my body, who is showing no signs of leaving.
6. I listen to 70s disco while I’m driving. There may be a little shoulder bobbing too. If “Dancing Queen” comes on the radio, I just pull over. It’s too hard to do those moves while driving.
7. I am a Yahoo!Shine Parenting Guru, which makes my kids shake their heads and laugh. I’m as shocked as they are.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!
You can also find me here:
And learn more about me here:
Check out these interviews for all (well, almost all) you’ve ever wanted to know about Carpool Goddess but were afraid to ask.